Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An Atlanta History Lesson From Andrew Young

Atlanta is always changing street names.  Having lived in the ATL for ...well, for a long time , I've seen Stewart Ave changed to Metropolitian Ave, Bankhead Hwy changed to Donald Lee Howell Pkwy, almost every street in the West End changed around, and countless other street name changes.  I'm thankful for GPS systems, or else I'd truly be lost in my own city.

It's on again..the consideration of a new change.  And once again it's to "better" our city's image.  The new street up for consideration is Harris Street.  The city debated over changing Harris Street to Portman Street. Though I'm tired of the name changes, I can see why it may be an idea worth true consideration and how Andrew Young plays a key part in the decision that the city council members must vote upon and decide.  Check out this newscast from 11 Alive in ATL. Please leave comments after you watch the video.

No comments: