Thursday, January 24, 2008

Confessions of a Quitter


Okay, so the ongoing saying is "Winners don't cheat and cheaters don't win". This saying is as old as I am (and even older, can you image? lol). In most cases I'll agree; but what if you are cheating not only to win, but also to quit?

I know you're wondering what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a way to quit a habit of cheating in a relationship by going "cold turkey".

Most people that cheat in a relationship cheat because it's a trait imbedded in them. We call these people "players", but what happens when the game is old and you want to stop, but something inside of you won't allow you to be faithful?

Sure, you can pray on it. You can make it a New Year's resolution and try your hardest to keep it. You can decide to go celebate for a bit, just until you shake the feeling. All of these methods have been prooven to work-but what happens if you will won't allow you to act on your desire to be a faithful lover?

Don't give up hope. There is an alternate solution! Albeit, it's unconventional; but it works. It's called Hypnosis.

To test this theory I was kind enough to go through this procedure just for argument sake. Yes, readers, I did it for you-but I also did it for me.

See, time and time again in relationships when things got too bad, I'd seek the love of another. Well, not the love...but you get my drift. Anyway, I wanted something better for myself; I just didn't trust myself to solve this problem on my own. So I underwent therapy and in the sessions, Hypnosis came up.

Now, if any of you know me, you'll know that I'm pigheaded and not very gullable...so I thought hypnosis would never work for me. Also, I had underlying trust issues, and didn't think I could trust any therapist to play with my head like that without thinking they'd do something unethical while I was "under".

Eventually I concented to the treatment-and guess what? It worked! Not only do I not have the ability to cheat anymore, I also detest the thought of it to the point that my stomach aches and I get nausious even at the offer of affection from another.

So I kicked the habit, on a subconscious level. It's wonderful, I'll tell ya! No more "hiding" phone numbers, emails, etc. because I'm not doing anything wrong! And I find that living my life on the straight and narrow is a wonderful and stress-less feeling.

I underwent this treatment last year, and even though I was in a committed relationship at the time and was being faithful, I thought that if anything too bad happened, I'd "go off the wagon". After that relationship ended (and thankfully I hadn't cheated in it at all), I moved on with the knowledge that one thing I could offer the next man was my undying faithfulness. And guess what? It came in handy when I said my marriage vows, knowing that I could say them honestly. That was a wonderful feeling.

Hypnosis can also be used for weight loss, to quit smoking, to overcome fears and phobias, to quit drinking, and even for healing (Doctors and medical journals are finally beginning to acknowledge hypnosis as a tool for healing. It has been proven to reduce chronic pain, improve recovery after surgery, lessen the side effects of chemotherapy, ease insomnia, and so much more)!

If this is something you are interested in, please google "Hypnosis" followed by the name of your city. Search results will pop up and you can find something in your area. Be sure to ask as many questions you need to so that you feel safe and secure in doing it.

Well, kiddies-that's it! Now for the Q and A. If you have any questions, please reply below and I'll do my best to answer them for you. Take care!

Attica Lundy


Copyright ©2008 Attica Lundy

No comments: